First Christian Church offers several opportunities for adults to learn about faith, the Bible, and to ask some of the tough questions of life. We seek to be open, reflective and receptive to all who come. This is a place that offers a safe place for your doubts, your joys and your desire to grow deeper in faith, regardless of where you are on your spiritual journey.
Whether you are a life-long Christian, or describe yourself as “spiritual, but not religious,” you will find a place at FCCNH.
Bible Study is a big part of First Christian Church North Hollywood in the education and understanding of the bible. On Monday nights we meet to share knowledge and have thought provoking interaction as we study the bible. We meet every Monday at 7:00 pm in the Educational Annex, September – June. Child Care will be provided. Please let us know if you will need this.
In place of our Monday Night Bible Study during the summer, we show a series of movies and then engage in conversation about how these stories speak to our faith and values.
Faith in Film 2014 Theme: “Bible Verses” Films
Stories have the amazing ability to convey deep spiritual truths in ways that simple conversation or a lecture cannot. This is perhaps why there are so many stories in our bible, and why Jesus so often used parable to express deep truths about God, or the reign of God, the love of God and the expansive grace of God.
For our 2014 Faith in Film series, we have paired a Bible verse or story with each of the films we are showing. Please join us on Monday evenings at 7:00 pm for the months of July and August for our summer film nights.
- July 7 - “Brave” (2012, PG) “Now the Lord said to Abram, ‘Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. …and I will bless you….” Genesis 12:1-4
- July 14 - “Cider House Rules” (1999, PG-13) “I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God and they shall be my people.” Jeremiah 31:31-33
- July 21 - “Something Wicked This Way Comes” (1983, PG) “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.” John 20:19-31
- July 28 - “The Great Dictator” (1940, NR) “He shall judge between the nations, and shall arbitrate for many peoples; they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks…neither shall they learn war anymore.” Isaiah 2:1-5
- August 4 - “Twenty Feet From Stardom” (2013, PG-13) documentary “Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth….” Psalm 110.1
- August 11 - “Silent Running” (1972, PG) “And God saw everything that he had made, and indeed it was very good” Genesis 1:31
- August 18 - “Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” (2013, PG-13) “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first earth had passed away….” Revelation 21:1
- August 25 - “The Widow of Saint-Pierre” (2000, R) Foreign film, French “Then Peter came and said to him, ‘Lord, if another member of the church sins against me, how often should I forgive? As many as seven times?’ Jesus said to him, ‘Not seven times, but I tell you seventy-seven times.’” Matthew 18:21-22
Our Tuesday morning "Spiritual Group group" intentionally offers both Bible Study and an opportunity for spiritual growth. We begin each session with Lectio Divina, an ancient practice of praying the scripture, before we begin our lessons. This is not the same lesson from the Monday night group, and it is offered in a more informal structure. We explore questions and ideas about what it means to live as Christians in a modern culture that sometimes scoffs at faith, or tries to narrow one's belief to either/or choices. Life is often complex, and sometimes there are just no easy answers to some of our most difficult questions.
We meet every Tuesday from 10:00am – 11:30am in the Youth Hut, September - June.
노스 헐리우드 교회에 서 한국어 성경 공부가 시작되었습니다.
이 시간에 당신은 하나님과의 관계 회복을 경험하게 될 것입니다.
매주 화요일 6:30분에, 헐리우드 교회의 도서실에서 함께합니다.
오셔서 새롭게 주님을 만나는 시간을 경험하십시오.
한국어 성경공부는 목회 상담가인 양영준 목사와 김영란 목사가 함께하십니다
The time of Healing by the words of God,
The time of rebuild-up my faith in God,
The time of restore my relationship with the Lord.
Come and join us at 6:30pm on every Tuesday in the Library of FCCNH
The Korean Bible Study is led by Rev. Young Jun Yang and Rev. Young Lan Kim